Young Gamblers and Gamers Association - Student Sessions
The Young Gamers and Gamblers Education Trust (YGAM) is a national charity with a social purpose to inform, educate, safeguard, and build digital resilience amongst young and vulnerable people.
A 2021 Censuswide survey revealed that currently 80% of UK university students have gambled, with 41% admitting that gambling has had a negative impact on their university experience. More than one third are using money either from their student loan, overdraft, have borrowed from friends or are taking out payday loans to help fund their gambling and nearly one in five admit to using their student loan to gamble.
It is now more important than ever for us to have the knowledge and tools to make an informed choice and understand the consequences around gaming, gambling, and other financially risky behaviours. Come along to find out more. Book your free ticket, and a link will be emailed to you.
Over the course of the session, YGAM will cover:
· What is gambling, what are the different forms of gambling and why as students we might gamble.
· The external influences on student gambling.
· Mental health and the impact gambling can have on our student life.
· Gaming and microtransactions and the controversy surrounding them.
· The rise of Esports and the potential links with gambling.
· High risk investments including cryptocurrency and NFT’s.
· What the signs of harm of both gambling and gaming are and where to go for support if you, a friend or loved one need help.